In exactly one month, on the third of January, this nightmare 2020 Jets season will come to an end. Adam Gase will likely be fired hours later, if he makes that far, and the Jets can erase this season to forget from their memories and focus on a busy offseason ahead. There is still a month to play though and five games left on the schedule.
That begins with the Raiders at MetLife Stadium on Sunday. To preview the matchup, get into the Gase-Alex Lewis saga and everything else going on in Jets land, we bring you a brand new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and me. You’re going to want to hear what former Pro Bowl Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall has to say on this one. Get your popcorn ready.
Gang’s All Here Opening Segment with Jake & Coz:
- Alex Lewis did not practice Wednesday. What happened with him and Gase? Will we see more dysfunction in this final month?
- Shocked we have not seen more stories come out. 2016 team folded towards end of season under Todd Bowles.
- Jets have no identity. They don’t do anything well.
- Get-right game for the Raiders, who come in losing two straight, including getting destroyed by the Falcons.
- Jets-Raiders preview. Raiders should win easily.
- Jets fans scoreboard watching for a Jaguars win over the Vikings.
- Coz tells the story of being the only reporter to show up to practice on Thanksgiving in 2015 and Brandon Marshall loving him for it. Took a selfie and let him ask the first question following the game.
- Marshall has done a good job speaking out for mental health and having success in his post-NFL career. Always spoke to the media, did not shy away.
Stump The Coz:
- For a second straight week, associate producer Alex Cammarata stumps Coz with a Jets trivia question. Although, this answer included a New York Titan, which was a bit before Coz’s time.
Brandon Marshall Interview:
Former Pro Bowl Jets WR in 2015, played with Jets in 2015-2016, 6-time Pro Bowler (Broncos, Dolphins, Bears), 13 NFL seasons, FS1’s First Things First co-host, “I Am Athlete” podcast host, Project 375 Co-Founder
- Thoughts on 0-11 Jets, what has gone wrong, funky year, injuries.
- Jets not being over .500 since when he was there in 2015. (finished 10-6)
- Advice to Trevor Lawrence: come to NY and win and you will be a hero forever. Don’t need to run from coming to Jets.
- Having Gase as his wide receivers coach in Denver. Great time with him, proud of him, but part of business, got to deal with likely losing job.
- Marshall tells the entire story of what happened in Kansas City during and after game in 2016 with Sheldon Richardson. Everybody was heated. Him and Sheldon got into it, Sheldon can’t call the offense out like he did.
- Responding to what Devin Hester said about him and Jay Cutler on “Untold Stories,” says 75% of what he said was true. Why Hester and Cutler did not work out, how him and Cutler developed a bond on the field. “Jay and I need to be doing a podcast.”
- His “I Am Athlete” show doing well and his “House of Athlete” facility, supplemental and apparel line.